WELCOME TO GEORGE WASHINGTON SCHOOL
Grades 2 through 6
We are excited to begin a new year and would like to take this opportunity to welcome our new Hillside families.
The following information is provided to help you prepare for the beginning of the school year;
First Day: Thursday, September 5, 2019
School Times: 8:35 am to 2:55 pm
Breakfast: GW has the Breakfast After the Bell Program.
Arrival / Dismissal Location:
Grades 2 ,3 and 4 Arrival
- Walkers enter through back gate off Winans Avenue to cafeteria
- Drop offs enter through first front door on circle drive, students go to cafeteria
Grades 2 and 3 Dismissal
- Front door nearest cafeteria
Grades 5 and 6 Arrival
- Walkers enter through back gate off Winans Avenue to gym
- Drop offs enter through third front door on circle drive, students go to gym
Grade 4 Dismissal
Grade 5 and 6 Dismissal
- Third front door on circle drive near the field
Note: Students should not arrive prior to arrival times.
Dress Code: Uniform consists of khaki bottoms and navy shirts.
Note: Blue Jeans are not part of the school uniform.
Breakfast and lunch will be served on the first day. Lunch applications are online under the heading “Parent Corner.” Student status will remain as it was last year until the new lunch forms are processed and verified.
The PTA welcomes your cooperation and support. PTA membership and information will be distributed at Back to School Night on September 18, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
We are looking forward to a wonderful school year and to working closely with you to ensure the success of our students.
Dr. Sharon Ann Festante